Wednesday 3 February 2010

Experimenting!

Hi All

Whilst I was sorting out my craft cupboard this week, I came across this set.........'Whimsical Wings' (level 2 hostess set). I'm afraid to admit, I hadn't even used it.

I decided to go bold, and bright - normally I like to stick to earthy colours. I coloured the image using SU markers, and highlighted areas with glue to give a gloss raised effect.





On looking at the flower; I felt it needed a more bolder statement, than the addition of a gold or silver brad.
So I experimented with versa mark and black embossing powder. It only took 4 coats of powder and 2 of versa mark to cover the silver of the brad.

Note to self:-use an old pair of tweezers, as they get a bit gunked up and watch your fingers, metal tweezers get hot you know!!




I liked the effect, and will probably be experimenting again shortly. Give it a go and let me know how you get on.

Happy Crafting

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment