Sunday, 13 June 2010

Heather's Sunday Challenge

Hi All,

I've had a lovely day out with the family, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air.

Since getting back, I've been 'blog hopping' you do....and come across Heather's challenge; so I thought I'd give it a go. You can play along too - just click on the link

She supplied a simple sketch; of which I can't seem to paste across to show you.......I really must gen up on my computer and my reading skills!! (You'll see why I said this, in a minute.....LOL!!)

The instructions said, on the central piece: make this your focal point with fun stamping, greeting and what have I created?*!

A 'punched out bird' - that's what....I suppose, I did stamp it's wing!
Even the '4 you' was added after I'd photographed it, and realised it had no greeting!
The embellishment - I've decided, is the satin ribbon; as the brad I altered with black embossing powder, was too large and looked as stupid as I feel, for not reading the instructions properly.....just as well it's my son who'll be sitting exams soon!!

I blame it on too much sunshine today!!
I had fun though, and feel this may be a card that will be reproduced at my next get together.

Happy Crafting

Jane x

PS. I'll try and get the brain in gear tomorrow...LOL!!

Thursday, 10 June 2010

Bird on a Branch

Good morning,

Sorry it's been a while, but I've had a lovely half-term in 'sunny old Bournemouth' with the kids.
Today I'm getting together with a few friends and we're making this.

It's using the 'Bird on a Branch' from the mini catalogue, the gorgeous 'Melon Mambo' and I've even splashed out incorporating the 'Groom' speciality papers

This is the box, you can just see the shinny inlay on the black paper.
The cover slides off to reveal the 3 cards.

The 1st is an easel card, I coloured in the 'serenity wheel' image on the insert (I'm not sure whether I'd do that again though). I made a false button by punching out five 3/4" circles, sticking them together and then threading through some embroidery cotton before attaching.

The 2nd is cased from the mini catalogue, (their photo is in focus!!). This time I've used a clear button and glue coloured card stock behind it.

Finally for the last one, (I cased this from Jenny), I just changed the DSP and added SP instead to match the box cover.
Well if the truth was known..........I did it the other way around, the box just looked a bit boring and flat in 'Basic Black' and I thought it needed a I made another one!!

Hope you've enjoyed.
I'm looking forward to a fun morning with friends, hope you have a great day also
Jane x